The right upgrade can make a big impact on an outdated kitchen. Fortunately, there are lots of easy and affordable ways to instantly modernize an aging kitchen. Here are a few suggestions:
- Repaint the cabinetry. A little paint can go a long way. It’s an impressive change that doesn’t require a lot of work. Make sure to properly sand the doors and frames so the paint goes on evenly.
- Paint key features. Adding a fresh coat of paint to key features in your kitchen can help create a modern feel. For example, add a pop of color to your range hood by painting it with a unique color of heat-resistant paint.
- Refinish countertops. You can spruce up your countertops with spray paint or polish. There are many products on the market that gives the illusion of refinishing.
- Switch out the hardware. Single knob handles are easy to swap out because the holes and screws are standard sizes.
- Install a new backsplash. Stick install backsplash is our easy to install yourself. They are made of flexible materials and resemble real tiles.