Mold anywhere in your home can cause serious health issues and damage to walls and more. But mold can be especially dangerous in the kitchen. This is because it is the part of the house where food is prepared, and ingesting mold spores can be dangerous to your health.

Unfortunately, the kitchen is also at a higher risk of developing mold than other areas of the home. Mold flourishes in darkness and moisture, and most kitchens contain many cupboards and water sources, which create an ideal space for mold to grow. So the key way to prevent mold in your kitchen is to keep these cupboards dry. This can be done by placing all moist food items in your refrigerator instead of a cupboard, or by drying all items fully before placing them in storage. It’s also a good practice to regularly inspect your cupboards for mold development. If you see any signs of growth, you can use a mild disinfectant, like vinegar or alcohol, on the area and then wait for it to dry out before closing the storage.

error: Content is protected !!